Saturday, April 08, 2006

A Thinkpad? .... that ugly looking black box?
....this is how some of my freinds reacted when I told them I was buying a new Thinkpad T41p.

My response to them and to all others who think similarly......"Wait till you start using a Thinkpad... you will not think about using any other machine after that"


Yes, my Thinkpad is a black beauty.... a good friend (KB) recommended one to me a year back. I started with an R50e notebook and when I had to upgrade I could not think of anything but another Thinkpad to replace it. And T41p...... its a powerhouse....
1. Great keyboard (well.... every Thinkpad has one)
2. Pentium M 1.7 Ghz processor
3. 1 GB RAM
4. 60 GB 7200 RPM HDD
5. SXGA display (its very very crisp..... better than Truebrite)
6. Five and a half hours backup with the extended 9 cell battery
7. FireGL T2 128 MBb Video card (...needless to say that I can play Need for Speed without any jerky screens)

All this in a sleek ~1" thick body....
It does lack one thing..... 802.11g (it only has 802.11b capability with its centrino technology)

I have started to play with this powerhouse...... and am loving every bit of it.....

No comments: