Wednesday, November 08, 2006

FC6 is impressive

#OS#
I installed FC6 on my notebook yesterday. It took around an hour but the setup was absolutely smooth. And I must confess that FC6 impressed me much much much more than Windows Vista. If you think that Aero Glass feature in Windows Vista is ground breaking......then you better check out what FC6 offers e.g.
1. The aero glass functionality runs out-of-box without any special configuration required. All you need to do is: Go to SYSTEM >> PREFERENCES>> DESKTOP EFFECTS >> ENABLE DEKTOP EFFECTS
And you have to see the effects to believe them.

2. Most impressive feature is the following : Imagine you have a number of application windows open, as soon as you take your mouse to the right hand side top of the screen, all open app windows are tiled on the screen so that you can choose the one that you want to go to. This, in my opinion, will serve as a productivity enhancer as well.

I am impressed to see how smoothly all these functions are running on my 1GB, Centrino powered notebook

No comments: