Monday, May 05, 2008

Upgraded to Ubuntu 8.04

Last week I upgraded to Ubuntu 8.04. Again, like earlier Ubuntu installations, the installation was easy and trouble free. I decided to do a fresh install instead of an upgrade.

Why did I upgrade?
No specific reason. I just love Ubuntu and was keen to see what new it has to offer.

Did I find anything GREAT after install?
Not really.... (but I do not care.... I am not a techie) ....
I do however like:
a. World Clock Applet with multi city display
b. all new Firefox
c. The wallpaper

The installation experience was really neat.

The link below has an official list of what's new in 8.04, just in case you would like to read.
What's new in 8.04

Interesting I also re-installed WinXP using my Tinkpad Pre-Desktop area. Surprisingly, Ubuntu installation and setup was easier. :)
But that's a different story. I am still struggling to get my FAT32 partition visible in windows. The Disk Manager shows that partition as HEALTHY but not recognised partition. I do not know what to do with it...... will search for a solution soon.

No comments: